What are the greatest advantages of pneumatic knockers?
Have you ever walked through your plant and seen impact marks on cyclones, bins or silos? In all those cases where the flow of material was restarted with a hammer blow, a pneumatic knocker could have been used more efficiently and with less impact on the material. Unlike shakers, vibrators and even interval knockers, a pneumatic magnetic system knocker can knock on demand – whenever it is needed.
This provides the following advantages:
- For some products, constant knocking tends to condense the material flow rather than promote it. A single, targeted blow is much more effective here than a vibrator.
- Well-directed knocking contributes to noise protection in the factory.
- The impact from the singold knocker only generates a vibration with a large amplitude and does not go through any self-resonance. In contrast to vibrators, this protects the container and the knocker in the best possible way.
- Compressed air consumption is reduced.
- There is no imbalance as with vibrators.
- The knocker generates a shock that causes the container wall to vibrate in a decaying manner. The number of vibrations is lower than when using shakers and vibrators and therefore the risk of vibration cracks is also lower.
- The pneumatic singold knocker is low-wear, durable and easy to maintain yourself.
- A pneumatic singold knocker consumes considerably less energy than an interval knocker.
- Weighing systems for metering operations are less stressed with a pneumatic knocker than with a vibrator. This reduces the risk of wear-related damage.
What makes the pneumatic singold knocker so special?
In no performance class is there a more efficient or more powerful pneumatic knocker than the singold pneumatic knocker. Thanks to its ingenious design, the singold pneumatic magnetic system knocker produces the greatest possible impact with the lowest possible dead weight.
To achieve this, there is a magnet inside the knocker. When the pressure force of the supplied compressed air overcomes the holding force of the magnet, the knocker is triggered, accelerated very strongly by the stored compressed air and strikes the impact pin with great force, which transfers the impact to the container wall. So that the pressure chamber of the pneumatic magnetic system knocker can be vented, it is operated with a 3/2-way valve. A spring pushes the impact piston back to its original position – the knocker is ready for the next use.