Through presentations, exercises, and plenum discussions participants will acquire a solid knowledge of downstream processing and the numerous associated unit operations with a focus on the design principles, operations, and equipment setup. Participants will further be introduced to simple calculations and estimations of benefit in daily work.
Main subjects taught in the course
- Introduction to unit operations and Downstream processing
- Engineering principles and theories
- Solid/liquid separation—principles and equipment
- Filtration and membrane processes
- Mixing of liquids/Mixing of solids
- Process economy and bottleneck identification
- Drying processes and heat transmission
- Case examples from industry
- Calculation exercises and first-principle models
The course addresses technicians as well as process engineers working in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech, and/or food industry.
The online course runs for three consecutive days with alternating presentations, exercises, and plenum discussions. All course material is available for download in advance of the course. The course is held online via an online conference tool in real-time allowing questions and discussions to be facilitated in real-time. There will be a sufficient amount of breaks and time to ask questions in between the different sessions.
04 Nov 2020 - 06 Nov 2020
Formulation and granulation specialists. Expertise in Fluid bed granulation/coating/drying, high shear mixing and powder product formulation in the food, feed, detergent and bulk industries.