Through presentations, exercises and plenary discussions participants will acquire solid knowledge of fundamental biochemistry and molecular biology and obtain an understanding of essential methods used in the biotech industry. The course enables participants to better understand and communicate with their R&D colleague’s and partners, by providing participants with the necessary background needed to understand the development and production of a biotech product.
Main subjects taught at the course
- The cell – a small factory
- Understanding Proteins – their function, structure and stability
- What is an enzyme
- DNA and the gene
- Translating DNA into a functional protein
- Genetic modification and recombination
- Industrial Protein engineering – how to design a protein
- Amplification of DNA – the Polymerase Chain reaction (PCR)
- Industrial Production of proteins
- Organisms used for industrial production
The course addresses chemical engineers, technicians, product and process engineers as well as all others working in the biotech, pharmaceutical and/or food industry who would like to understand the fundamentals of biochemistry and molecular biology.
The course runs for three consecutive days with alternating presentations, exercises and plenary discussions. The course is held in English.
On the evening of the first day the participants are invited to a course dinner at a nearby restaurant in the heart of Copenhagen.
10 Apr 2019 - 12 Apr 2019
Hotel Phoenix Copenhagen
Formulation and granulation specialists. Expertise in Fluid bed granulation/coating/drying, high shear mixing and powder product formulation in the food, feed, detergent and bulk industries.