This course is designed to give delegates an overview of various methods for determining the bulk behaviour of powder and granular particulates. It includes demonstrations using selected methods covered by the course. These will be determined by the duration (it can be extended to 2 days), location of the course and room available (if held in-company).
The range of measurement techniques covered by the presenters will:
- Introduce relevance to real-world industrial scenarios
- Describe how the particular technique works and support this through laboratory demonstration, if appropriate
You will learn about a chosen selection of the following topics:
- Particle size measurement techniques
- Particle Density (solid and bulk)
- Flow property measurements
- Moisture uptake
- Propensity for Segregation/de-blending
- Degradation/friability of bulk through handling systems
- Caking/agglomeration of bulk materials in storage
- Pneumatic conveying properties
- Dustiness testing
28 February 2018
£490 per person
Is this for me?
Plant operators and designers, plant managers and maintenance personnel will all benefit enormously from attending this course, through improving their understanding of the behaviour of powders to learning techniques to overcome the problems encountered.
The course will be of great interest to personnel that are new to materials handling, or require an update on the subject.
The course will be held at the University of Greenwich Medway Short Course Centre, Chatham Maritime, Kent.
The course leader is Richard Farnish, Consultant Engineer, with nearly twenty years’ experience in commercial design work related to materials handling
Also contributing will be Mike Bradley, Professor of Bulk and Particulate Technologies and Director of The Wolfson Centre. He has worked internationally on design and troubleshooting of bulk solids handling as a commercial consultant and research expert for over twenty years and Dr Rob Berry, a Research Fellow with over ten years’ experience in bulk solids handling technology.
Please note that The Wolfson Centre reserves the right to substitute leaders of equal quality should this be dictated by circumstances beyond their control.
Registration and Fee
To book your place please complete the online booking form. The fee is payable upon return of the registration form and covers lectures, course notes, lunch and refreshments. All applicants will be acknowledged and confirmed.
See here for discounts available and cancellation charges.
Note: It’s important to make sure that there is time available to deal the delegates’ specific issues. As a result, numbers are strictly limited and we recommend early registration.
A version of this course can be delivered as an In-Company course.
Due to possible high volume of practical work, this course is also available to groups of 6 or more as an In-Company course held at the University making full use of the Wolfson Centre facilities.
These courses are proving to be a popular option for companies who have a number of personnel who would benefit from education in the subject area, for 3 main reasons:
- COST: It is more economic for us to bring the course to you, than for you to send several staff out to us;
- RELEVANCE: We can tailor the course programme to suit the operations you have in your plant, hence reducing the amount of material which is not directly relevant;
- CONVENIENCE: We can run the course when it suits you, even over several separate days rather than in a block if it is better for you.
If you are interested in discussing your requirements, please contact us.
28 Feb 2018