Outcome Powder Flow, Handling and Storage course
Through presentations, exercises and plenum discussions participants will acquire solid knowledge of powder flow, powder handling and powder storage and be able to address practical problems in these areas.
Main subjects taught in the Powder Flow, Handling and Storage course
- Particle technology & Engineering basics relevant for powder flow
- Powder flow and properties, design principles
- Powder feeding
- Powder storage
- Particle enlargement, dry/wet granulation
- Particle size reduction, Milling and micronisation
- Powder blending and segregation issues
- Mechanical properties of particles
- Case stories from the food and biotech industry
The course addresses technicians as well as product and process engineers working in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech and/or food industry with manufacture or development of powder products.
The course runs for three consecutive days with alternating presentations, exercises and plenum discussions. The course is held in English.
On the afternoon of the first day the participants are invited on a one-hour guided harbour tour followed by dinner in the colourful 17th century waterfront of Nyhavn in the heart of Copenhagen.
26 Apr 2017 - 28 Apr 2017
Hotel Phoenix Copenhagen