Through presentations, exercises, and plenum discussions participants will acquire a solid knowledge of powder formulation – i.e. what are the challenges and possibilities and what you as a formulator should be aware of regarding powder characterisation and process decisions.
Main subjects taught in the course
- Particle technology basics relevant for powder properties
- Powder characterisation & powder sampling
- Design principles for powder handling
- Powder product formulation guidance and case stories
- Powder product stability and shelf-life evaluation
- Powder processes and the influence of formulation:
- Spray and freeze drying
- Fluid bed drying, coating and agglomeration
- Powder blending and segregation issues
The course addresses technicians as well as formulators and process engineers working in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech, and/or food industry with manufacture or development of powder products.
The online course runs for three consecutive days with alternating presentations, exercises, and plenum discussions. All course material is sent in advance of the course. The course is held online via an online conference tool in real-time allowing questions and discussions to be facilitated in real-time. There will be a sufficient amount of breaks and time to ask questions in between the different sessions. The course is held in English.
21 Oct 2020 - 23 Oct 2020
Formulation and granulation specialists. Expertise in Fluid bed granulation/coating/drying, high shear mixing and powder product formulation in the food, feed, detergent and bulk industries.