Through presentations, exercises and plenum discussions participants will acquire solid knowledge of powder formulation – i.e. what are the challenges and possibilities and what you as formulator should be aware of regarding powder characterisation and process decisions.
Main subjects taught in the course
- Particle technology basics relevant for powder properties
- Powder characterisation
- Design principles for powder handling
- Powder product formulation guidance and case stories
- Powder processes and the influence of formulation:
- Spray and freeze drying
- Fluid bed drying, coating and agglomeration
- Mechanical granulators
- Powder blending and segregation issues
The course addresses technicians as well as formulators and process engineers working in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech and/or food industry with manufacture or development of powder products.
10 Oct 2018 - 12 Oct 2018
Hotel Phoenix Copenhagen
Formulation and granulation specialists. Expertise in Fluid bed granulation/coating/drying, high shear mixing and powder product formulation in the food, feed, detergent and bulk industries.