It will debut at the Harrogate International Conference Centre on Wednesday 21 October and Thursday 22 October.
More than 50 exhibitors will showcase their products and services at this inaugural event.
Meanwhile, a series of seminars and presentations have been lined up from a host of speakers covering areas such as power, cement, ports, mining, recycling and building products and industries.
Tickets to the event are free. Tickets can be reserved online at www.mhea.co.uk or by using a new ‘Guidebook’ app, which can be downloaded from the app store.
The new ‘Guidebook’ app can be used in advance or at the event itself to navigate exhibition stands and make sure attendees don’t miss any activities or seminar sessions.
The app has been created to be a ‘companion’ for visitors to the conference to plan their time at BULKEX in advance and to get the most out of seminar sessions. The app includes a full programme, twitter feed – tracking the hashtag #BULKEX15 – and a networking forum for visitors to communicate with each other.
It also includes vital information to help attendees to book accommodation and find their way to the venue.
BULKEX 2015 is being sponsored by Siemens Automation and Drives Group, ATEX Explosion Hazards Ltd and Flexco.
Mike Redmond, President of the Materials Handling Engineers Association (MHEA) explained: “This autumn the Materials Handling Engineers Association will be holding the first major national exhibition and seminar programme of its kind for the bulk materials handling industry. Please sign up for your free ticket and join us for what promises to be a high profile and most informative event.”
Speakers lined up for the event include:
- Mike Bradley, Director, The Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology
- Dean Thornewell, President, Joy Global Eurasia
- Edwin Trout, Secretary, Cement Industry Suppliers’ Forum, The Concrete Society
- Finnbarr Dowling, Project Director, Siemens Wind Turbine Assembly
- Sid Brady, Mechanical Engineer – Operations, Sirius Minerals
- Kevin Sabin, Operations and Devlopment Director, Hargreaves Mining (India)
- John Sinclair, Partner, UYE UK (Ltd)
- Dr Richard Maslen, Process Engineer, Fairport Engineering Ltd
- Martin Ouwerkerk MSc, Business Manager Dry Bulk & Energy, Port of Rotterdam
- Charlie Northfield, Process Plant Manager, Wolf Minerals
- Nigel Chudley, Engineering Director, SSI UK (Sahaviriya Steel Industries)
- Declan Barry, Managing Director, ATEX Explosions
- Todd Swinderman, Retired President and CEO of Martin Engineering and owner of R ToddS Engineering.
Mike Redmond added: “From areas such as power, cement, ports, mining, recycling and building products, we are delighted that BULKEX 2015 is attracting delegates and exhibitors from all aspects of bulk and materials handling, from users to manufacturers to distributors.”
‘Together we’ll move mountains’. For more than 75 years, the Materials Handling Engineers’ Association (MHEA) has supported the technical and commercial interests of UK and overseas companies supplying and using powder and bulk handling equipment.If your business supplies or uses powder, bulk and handling equipment, then strengthen your ...