Two models of the GCA consist of a standard and a demountable unit. The standard model is a round inlet, round outlet rotary valve which incorporates seals and product contact surfaces which meet food safety requirements. The demountable unit is designed with a rail system that simplifies removal of the endplate/rotor assembly from the housing providing access to the internal valve cavity, rotor pockets and all other product contact areas for quick and easy cleaning.
Other key features of the GCA Airlock include:
- Easy access to seals with the rotor removed from the endplate
- All stainless steel construction with the exception of the endplate bearings
- Housing and endplates designed for 10 Bar explosion shock resistance
- FDA and EC 1935/2004 approved materials of construction in product contact areas
- Oversized rotor shaft creates a naturally radiused rotor pocket for more complete product release
Sign up for Valves, Gates & Airlocks E-Updates
Recent Valves, Gates & Airlocks e-newsletters
Read our last “Valves, Gates & Airlocks” e-newsletter campaigns here:
Schenck Process is the global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. We make processes work in all areas of industry throughout the world. For us that means improving our customer processes in terms of reliability, efficiency, and accuracy. Combining outstanding equipment and extensive process knowledge, we develop and manufacture ...