PerMix’s PAM Vertical Segmented Ribbon Mixer is a simple, nevertheless, efficient, and versatile blending machine for batch mixing of free-flowing powders. It is able to give perfect results for mixing due to the innovative design of an outer spiral type-mixing element with an inner reverse direction mixing arm, rotating together inside a cylindrical with conical bottom shape trough allowing a perfect discharge of the mixed material, with little to no residue.
How it works
The construction of PerMix’s PAM Vertical Segmented Ribbon Mixer is very compact, it consists of a cylindrical vessel with the drive unit on the top, avoiding any seals in contact with the mixed product and flap type with zero dead zone discharge valve at the bottom, and a jagged ribbon mounted on the central shaft.
In the cylindrical-cone vessel, there is a central segmented ribbon with very small clearance between its edge and the wall. The ribbon moves the materials upward along the vessel wall to the top, where the materials then drop by gravity into the center creating a three-dimensional movement of the mixed product. During this continuous operation, material particles and heat are exchanged quickly which leads to a homogeneous product. Besides, the material particles are thoroughly mixed with minimal mechanical and thermal stress, which makes this type of mixer a good solution for fragile and heat-sensitive products.
Features & Advantages
- High level of accuracy with minor component ratio to be 1:1,000,000
- Gentle mixing for sensitive materials without generation of heat
- Top drive of the mixing device, using only a single top bearing – no seals in contact with the product – no cross-contamination.
- Very low minimal quantity is required, bringing diversity to production
- Full discharge with minimal residue
- Easy to clean
- High heat transfer rate, ideal for heating or cooling process of the powders
- Chopper can be installed for intensive mixing and lump breaking
- The mixer can easily be converted to be a mixer / dryer, with the addition of vacuum heating jacket and other required accessories.
Since 1954 PerMix has been leading the industry with our innovation, performance, quality, & pricing, making us the most disruptive brand in the industry, setting the standards others follow. Our Mixing solutions span all industries & types. PerMix has the largest selection of mixers available, more than any other manufacturer, all backed ...