Can you afford to risk your project’s success on limited material data, questionable assumptions, and equipment designs that will provide poor flow, segregation, and product or process non-uniformity?
To ensure reliable handling and processing of bulk materials, equipment and system designs must be based on relevant material characteristics measured at representative process conditions. In our specialized, fully-equipped laboratories, we continually conduct bulk material flow and particle properties tests, pneumatic conveying tests, fluidization tests, and model novel processes and equipment.
For 60 years, we have performed testing on over 11,000 bulk materials consisting of powders, wet solids, flakes, pellets, granules, and fibers. Our Massachusetts lab also is licensed to receive, store and test schedule 2 through 5 controlled substances by the DEA.
Common tests performed by Jenike & Johanson include:
- Flow properties: powder flowability; handling equipment design data
- Segregation: mixture or particle separation tendencies
- Pneumatic conveying: conveying behavior; minimum conveying velocity
- Particle properties: material characteristics such as shape, size, true density
- Abrasive wear: sliding wear effects against steel, ceramic, or plastic liners
- Particle attrition: particle’s tendency to break-down and generate fines or dust
- Powder fluidization: material’s ability to fully aerate and flow like a liquid
- Powder caking: material agglomerating, lumping, or clumping properties
Our technicians have experience testing solids that are radioactive, highly toxic, explosive, narcotic or cytotoxic, and those that change properties over time, such as soap noodles, fresh crystals, or sticky resin produced right from the reactor.Click here to download the technical paper of Jenike & Johanson, On Powder Flowability
Subscribe to our E-Newsletters
Jenike & Johanson is the world’s leading company in powder and bulk solids handling, processing, and storage technology.Over the past 55 years, Jenike & Johanson has tested over 11,000 unique powders and bulk solids and worked on more than 7,500 projects, giving their team the broadest real-world and in-depth experience in the industry ...