The feeder is made up of a feeder body, complete with rotating agitator and variable control functions, which provide constant or intermittent feeding and timed on /off settings to suit the nature of the products being handled. The agitator manipulates the product to a uniform density and breaks any bridges that may form in the feeder body. The product is administered into an auger screw, which can be rotated at variable speeds, ensuring accurate metering at a constant volume of +1% to +2% typically.
Trantec’s metering screw feeders are in operation worldwide, delivering high accuracy powder dosing in all areas of bulk solids. For over twenty years Trantec has served an assortment of industries including:
- Food, Drinks & Confectionary
- Seasoning & Flavouring
- Animal & Pet Foods
We understand one Screw Feeder cannot always meet all customer requirements. Utilising the latest powder dosing technology Trantec’s Metering Screw Feeders can be quickly configured to meet the demands of almost any application.
Whilst modular in design, they are based on Trantec’s core powder metering technology without compromise to quality or build.
Our latest service to be offered is our M-Series Metering Screw Feeders. Modular in design adding quick and easy configuration add-on components. Although our Metering Feeders are available as standard, cost-effective base models, a variety of additional features and upgrades can be installed upon request, including:
- An option of motors – AC 3 phase motor as standard, DC Motors for slower speed capabilities and Servo Motors for maximum accuracy, precision control and maximum feed range. Stainless Steel AC motors also available.
- Specially designed Dry Running Shaft Seals – 100% food compatible and easy to replace.
- Quick-release / Easy-clean Features – saving time and effort when dismantling your machine for quick and easy cleaning and of course, reducing downtime.
- Ranging Storage Capacities – with manual refill or automatic refill options.
- Integrated Weighing Base & PLC Controls – for added precision and feed accuracy. Gravimetric controls can be installed, with both batching and continuous Loss-in-weight and Gain-in-weight configurations available.
- Independently Driven Product Agitator – controlled conditioning via a separate motor drive and gearbox combination, specifically selected to suit your material properties.
- A selection of stainless Polishes and Finishes – from simple welds as Laid, to mirror finish. Painted finish (mild steel only), Bead Blasted, Standard, 2B.
All core principles of our proven powder metering technology are retained, with the solution strictly designed around your material properties. We aim to meet each of our individual customer’s needs, giving advice on additional configuration modules and new, innovative features. All accessories can be added to any of our base models, therefore offering a Taylor-made Solution at a sensible price.
Selection of the correct Metering Screw Feeder configuration is essential for achieving optimum performance and accuracy. Trantec Solids Handling Limited offers a free, comprehensive product testing service to all of our clients. Upon completion of testing, we will provide you with a report, detailing our findings and our recommendations for trouble-free feeding. Alternatively, customers can witness material trials first-hand or request a video with your report.Click here for more information Trantec Solids Handling LimitedClick here for related articlesFind manufacturers of screw feeders in our Equipment Guide
Sign up for Feeders E-Updates
Recent Feeders e-newsletters
Read our last “Feeders” e-newsletter campaigns here:
Trantec specialises in the design and manufacture of materials handling solutions for bulk solids applications. Our machines are in operation worldwide; from universities to global multinationals, including some of the largest snack foods manufacturers in the world. Our powder dosing systems offer accurate delivery of dry bulk solids in the following ...