These blockages significantly reduce the effective use of the silo disrupting material filling and discharge resulting in delay in production and bulk despatch and reducing storage capacity. This can lead to unplanned shutdowns, serious commercial loss of unrecoverable material, risk of fire and even fatal accidents.
Where serious deposits have already built up or where the blockage with material is particularly tough, Primasonics’ specially developed PrimaWhip technology offers the perfect solution. The PrimaWhip is the quick, safe and highly cost effective solution to the removal of even the toughest build-ups of material without the need for dangerous, time consuming and expensive man entry.
Based around a specially developed powerful pneumatic motor mounted eccentrically within the cleaning head for maximum torque and stability, the PrimaWhip is manufactured from non-sparking aluminium which also provides for lightweight manoeuvrability. Access is gained through a suitable hatch on top of the silo and has an adjustable boom length of between 2.2 and 7.5 metres. It comes with a standard 50 metre of specially stretched air hose which can be extended to 75 metres operated by a pneumatic winch and hose reel.
The PrimaWhip uses a range of different ‘whips’ such as non-sparking brass chain or plastic blades. All these important design points make the PrimaWhip suitable for use even in the most hazardous Zone 1and Zone 2 conditions.
Because of its flexibility, the PrimaWhip is suitable for a vast range of silo, hopper and process vessel cleaning applications. Here are just some of the applications in which the system has a proven record.
Cement, Clinker, Limestone, Iron Oxide, Gypsum, PFA, Sand, Coal, Aluminium Catalyst, Sugar, Flour, Oil Seed Extracts.
Gypsum, a wide range of Ores, Screenings, Potash and Zinc Oxide.
Dicalcium Phosphate, Carbonates and Sulphur.
Grain, Rape Seed, Husks, Cereal, Salt and Animal Feeds.
Primasonics International provides full, export training in all aspects of the operation and maintenance of the PrimaWhip on customer’s sites worldwide. The company take great pride in the knowledge that their Prima Whips are operating in many different applications and countries worldwide, helping to ensure 100% silo safety and thus preventing any totally unnecessary fatalities from occurring.
By popular request the company also offer the PrimaWhip on a monthly rental basis and also lease purchase again with full training also available.
The special advantages of the PrimaWhip system
- Because the PrimaWhip is purchased by your organisation and operated by the customer’s own staff, following training by the Primasonics team, if frees them from the expense and availability problems of bought-in ‘experts’.
- The PrimaWhip is a wholly remote system, meaning there is no need for dangerous, time consuming man entry operations that potentially put customer’s staff in close proximity to hazardous unstable blockages and hang-ups.
- The PrimaWhip cleaning process can be simply and quickly set up yet is capable of delivering highly effective cleaning results in even the largest of silos.
- Constructed from lightweight aluminium, the system is highly manoeuvrable. This material, combined with a compressed air drive system ensures no risk of sparking in Zone 1 and Zone 2 fire hazard areas.
- The PrimaWhip is highly effective in use and is capable of removing even the toughest deposits or a wide range of materials.
- Because no man-entry is required, production need not be interrupted during the cleaning process, making important savings in expensive downtime.
- The PrimaWhip operation can be carried out by just two of your operators, so it doesn’t make the excessive demands on your highly qualifies personnel that a correctly supervised and operated man entry operation would.
The Primasonics PrimaLance
With totally blocked silos, the PrimaLance drill can be used in conjunction with the PrimaWhip. The PrimaLance, also made from non-sparking materials and operated by compressed air can be used to ‘drill’ through the material either from beneath the material bridge, which is usually quicker and uses less energy, or if preferred, from the top of the silo. Once a hole is made the PrimaWhip can be used to commence total cleaning of the silo. Different designs of Drill-Head are available depending on the application.
Minimum Air Requirement Minimum Air Requirement
Pressure 6 bar (6.12 Kg/cm²) Pressure 6 bar (6.12 Kg/cm²)
Volume 100 c.f.m. (2.83 m³/mn) Volume 45 c.f.m. (1.3 m³/mn)
For further details contact:
Primasonics International Limited
North Lakes Business Park
Tel +44 (0)1768480372
E-mail – email@example.com
Sign up for Storage & Transportation E-Updates
Primasonics® International is currently the worldwide leader in Acoustic Cleaning Technologies. Since it was founded in 1998 the company has continually won awards for innovative technology and export success.Primasonics founder, Donald Cameron has a lifetime experience in specialist materials processing industries and is renowned for his ability ...