Installing explosion vents and isolation equipment allows this client to meet NFPA 68, 69, and 652 requirements well before the September 7, 2018 deadline. Highlights of this project included:
- Installed hopper isolation “Drum Kits” eliminating the need for rotary valves and saving the project $66,000
- Engineered and installed suppression isolation on clear air side allowing the client to recycle air back into the plant, which also saved money on HVAC requirements.
- Easy method to dispose dust with hydraulic drum lifts, adding ergonomic advantages.
- System training, start-up, and documentation compliance with NFPA
- Turnkey installation and construction management
Per NFPA 652, the owner or operator of a facility handling a combustible dust is responsible for characterizing the combustible material, identifying hazards, mitigating those hazards, and communicating the hazards to the workforce. We take a 3-step approach to DHA: Characterize, Identify, Mitigate. DHA Services may include: site evaluation, material testing, detailed reporting of findings, PFD & GA drawings, equipment lists, instrumentation lists, RFQ package, and TIC estimate.
Contact SPEC at 815-676-5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a complimentary walkthrough with a DHA specialist today.Click here to learn moreClick here for related articlesFind manufacturers of explosion protection systems online
Sign up for Explosion Protection & Process Safety E-Updates
Recent Explosion Protection and Process Safety e-newsletters
Read our last “Explosion Protection and Process Safety” e-newsletter campaigns here:
Specialty Process Engineering Company, LLC was founded in 1979 to represent leading equipment and technology manufacturers to serve the bulk material processing and handling needs of customers in the food, grain, minerals, chemicals, and pharma industries.We have evolved to accommodate the demand for a full service solution supplier of a wide range ...