Deposits of salt-based marine evaporate minerals occur naturally throughout the world. The minerals are high in potassium, calcium and magnesium along with other valuable trace elements. Often deep mined, they are used in the agricultural industry and industrial applications. The mineral is very hard, abrasive and hygroscopic making it difficult to handle efficiently.
Once mined the mineral is crushed graded, blended and stored, often utilizing expensive wear-resistant steels in the process.
Initially, the manufacturer installed solid hardox elevator buckets which were expensive and due to their rigidity and the aggressive hygroscopic nature of the mineral caused loss of production along with frequent and expensive downtime.
Industrial Nylon elevator buckets were trialed and although they improved the discharge of the material from the buckets they wore out in a few months.
4B engineers devised the best of both worlds scenario – using the Atlas AM Nyrim elevator bucket. The unique benefits of Nyrim affording better wear resistance due to deformation rather than brittle break on a micro level and self-cleaning properties due to the flexibility of the molded buckets. This in addition to the steel wear band used and developed in the glass cullet industry giving excellent impact resistance.
- Improved tonnage through the plant
- Improved belt life
- Reduction in downtime
- Reduction in planned maintenance
- Saving on electricity costs
- Improved manual handling
- Health and safety compliance
The ATLAS AM Nyrim Elevator Bucket
Suitable for the very toughest of industrial applications. The Atlas AM bucket is anti-static, fire resistant and almost indestructible even in industrial applications, such as aggregates.
- Antistatic material with excellent surface resistivity dissipating properties, ideal for ATEX applications
- Non-stick properties are enhanced by smooth surface and open bucket design
- Ultra heavy duty design and construction: material up to 6 times stronger than other industrial plastic elevator buckets
- Versatile bucket: suitable for heavy industrial, grain and sticky material applications
Founded in the UK in 1971 as a subsidiary of The Braime Group, 4B Braime Components, Ltd. has been an industry leader in developing high quality, innovative, and dependable material handling components for the agricultural and industrial sectors. 4B’s product line ranges from elevator buckets, elevator bolts and drop forged conveyor chain to level ...