Do you have a question related to processing / handling powder or bulk solids? Ask the Expert!
Because both questions and answers will be posted, please make sure to only include information that you are willing to have appear on the site or advise us about which details should not appear.
Please also let us know if there are any other technical areas for which you’d like to see us line up authorities — or if you want to become an expert of BulkInside yourself.
Experts are available in the listed categories.
BulkInside reserves the right to omit questions. If your question is chosen, it will appear with the Expert answer on the site. Please check back frequently to see the answer to your question and others submitted by people in your industry.
Submit a Question
Please send us your question; we will forward it to the appropriate expert and post the answer as soon as possible.
- When to Convey Mechanically and When to Convey Pneumatically?How mechanical conveying compares & contrasts to pneumatic conveying when transferring dry bulk & friable materials to processing & packaging.1 answers
- Choosing a Solids Flow Meter – When is testing is needed?Not all Solids Mass Flow Meters are created equally, so how do you know which meter is best suited to measure your product?1 answers
- Cross belt tripper product escapeWe have a series of conveyors that feed at 4.8m/s with approximately 1000 tons per hour. These conveyors feed to cross belt trippers that can be moved over a series of open bin tops for silos. The silo openings are raised edges where the tripper car fits over them exactly and uses skirting arrangements to […]0 answers
- What are the advantages of a 45 degree mechanical splice over a 90 degree mechanical splice?What are the advantages of a 45 degree mechanical splice over a 90 degree mechanical splice?0 answers
- Are You Burning Biomass? – “Know Your Explosion Limits”Burning combustible dusts is very normal in the power generation industry and the explosion risks of handling coal dusts are understood. However, as more facilities are being modified to handle biomass dust, it is often wrongly assumed that the safety measures taken to mitigate the original risks will remain effective.0 answers
- Direct or Indirect Cooling: Which Technology is More Efficient for Bulk Solids Cooling?Most engineers would agree that direct cooling appears to be more efficient than indirect cooling, and from a purely technical standpoint, it is. Cooling a bulk solid by passing cool air through it brings the cooling medium and the product into direct contact. While this would appear to be the most efficient approach, when it […]0 answers
- Why switch to a direct drive package?Chain drives are an ancient technology. They’re used in antique clock towers, bicycles, and… in your modern day industrial pneumatic conveying system that moves thousands of pounds of material? 0 answers
- Why Don’t Companies Replace Their Dust Collectors?A recent survey of dust collector users, performed by Aerodyne in 2015, found that the majority of all dust collectors in use are over seven years old, with 45% of all units being over 10 years old. This finding begs the question: why use these purchases for so long? A few reasons spring to mind. […]0 answers
- Is pneumatic conveying useful in urea reclamation process?We are manufacturing 6000 TPD urea prills in our fertiliser company. We are facing material degradation problem while urea recovery from silo. The recovery is performed with a mechanical portal scrapper of 350TPH capacity. Kindly guide us with how material deterioration can be avoided during silo reclamation. Will pneumatic conveying be useful in this process for urea reclamation? […]0 answers