Gigantic time gain in hygienic production processes
The Aeolus Pneumatic Lactose Transport System was developed in cooperation with FrieslandCampina; one of the largest dairy companies in the world. In the dairy and food industry, fouling of lactose transport pipework is a major problem. To ensure product safety and quality, products containing lactose are often processed in hygienic production processes. Due to the strict hygiene requirements, cleaning pneumatic transport systems is a time-consuming and labor-intensive job. The pipework and various components of the conveyor system must be dismantled and then cleaned with hot water. In addition, the pipes must be completely free of moisture before the system is reassembled to prevent bacterial growth.
This cleaning process takes several days and needs to be repeated every 8 weeks. The new Aeolus system prevents the accumulation of lactose, therefore production has to be stopped up to 12 times less often for cleaning. This can result in 8-12% more production days per year. In addition, it results in a huge saving on labor costs.
Continuous product quality thanks to maximum orifice diameter
The Aeolus concept also improves product quality; because there is no more accumulation of lactose, the orifice diameter in the tubes remains at its maximum during transport. This results in continuous product flow and quality, as there is no more product accumulation and therefore no loss of transport speed, no damaged particles and less chance of bacterial growth and product contamination.
The Aeolus Lactose Pneumatic Transport System in brief
- Prevents accumulation of lactose in pneumatic transport
- Up to 12 times less cleaning required
- 8-12% more production time each year
- Enormous savings on labor costs
- Maximum product flow at all times due to retained outlet diameter
- Continuous product quality due to elimination of product contamination
- Longer system life due to less abrasion as a result of smooth product flow
- Reduced risk of system damage due to mechanical removal (with hammers) ofaccumulated lactose
- Reduced risk of contamination and bacterial growth as systems need to be opened andcleaned less frequently
- Wide range of applications for pneumatic transport of different products
Want to know more about how the Aeolus Lactose Pneumatic Transport System works? More information about this innovation can be found on the Dinnissen Process Technology website.