We manufacture crushers, lumpbreakers, lump breakers, pulverizers, granulators, comminutors, and other size reduction machinery for the Pharmaceutical, Chemical and other industries.
We manufacture crushers, lumpbreakers, lump breakers, pulverizers, granulators, comminutors, and other size reduction machinery for the Pharmaceutical, Chemical and other industries. We specialize in designing machinery that uses impact to shatter chunks, lumps, and agglomerations formed from friable materials. Reducing large chunks of material to a consistent, free flowing size allows product transport equipment to run at peak efficiency, while increasing the available product surface area which allows reactive processes (mixing, melting, dissolving, etc.) to occur more quickly and completely.
Although we stock our standard machinery, due to the diverse nature of our customer base and their requirements, Atlantic Coast Crushers is constantly creating new custom designs and/or variations of our standard equipment for specific applications or processes. Typical options for our various Crusher designs are shown below, but we can accommodate many other special requirements.
- Construction: Typically available in carbon or stainless steel; Hastelloy, Titanium and other exotic metal construction, polished surfaces, sanitary designs, and abrasion resistant materials for high wear applications also available.
- Seals: Lip seals, Powder Seals, or Packings are standard; single, double, or tandem Mechanical Seals available as required.
- Drives: A variety of gear reduction units, belt/sheave systems, and motor types are available.
- Controls: Jam sensing and reversing controllers are available for jam clearing; torque limiters, limit switches, low speed detectors available.
- Ancillary Equipment: Hoppers, stands, mobile mounting, feed or takeaway systems, special cleaning features as required.
Atlantic Coast Crushers uses its knowledge and experience to design and build custom size reduction equipment for problem applications. We have been granted two US Patents and have additional work in development. We take pride in our ability to provide creative solutions to difficult size reduction problems including, but not limited to:
- High pressure and/or high temperature applications.
- Special output requirements.
- Special materials of construction.
- High capacities.
- Tight space restrictions.
- Critical sealing problems.
- Highly abrasive materials.