MoistTech offers multiple sensor options to suit your specific application needs including the standard IR3000 series and IR-3000-F series that is Nickel Plated to specifically allow for food environments where frequent wash downs occur and protect against corrosion and abrasion. The food-grade sensor includes a Kel-F window in place of our standard glass. Too much or too little moisture are both a concern for snack food manufacturers as some food items are actually sold by weight, so their moisture content affects the price and the taste of most snack foods are often based heavily off their moisture content – too much creates a stale tasting product and also contributes to mold and bacteria growth. If the sensor has to be installed close to the oven outlet where it will be susceptible to extreme heat conditions, it is necessary to cool the sensor with either air or water. Furthermore, if the sensor is located near an oil spray, it is necessary to clean the sensor’s optical window during regular routine cleaning.
· Our sensor calibrations, measurement wavelengths, algorithms and sensor optical requirements are pre-set at the factory
· Typical accuracy is about ±0.1% moisture
· Typical analog range is 0-10% moisture
· The outputs can be adjusted to optimize PLC or recording requirements
· Little to Zero Maintenance
· Can be installed anywhere on the line – even at an angle
· Made for harsh environments near ovens and sprayers
· RS232 and Ethernet compatible for real-time control
· Thousands of measurements per second
MoistTech Corp. is the original manufacturer of Near-Infrared (NIR) technology in the Industrial Moisture industry, manufacturing a range of on-line sensors & at-line instruments for moisture measurement and real-time moisture process control.