An air gap between the valve and the air cylinder promotes heat dissipation present from higher temperature applications.
Size & Weight: 254mm (10”) – 123kg (271 lbs.)
Handling: Biomass and Biogas Particulates
Location: United Kingdom
Features: These Vortex Titan Pressure Valves address three major application concerns:
- Abrasive material handled (wetted parts are made of 440c stainless steel offering a Rockwell hardness of 60C)
- High-pressure application (valves are rated up to 6.8 barg, 100 psig)
- Increased temperatures (up to 350 C, 660 F)
Patented Rising Blade Design:
The beveled leading edge of the blade closes into a matching beveled lower flange to force the blade into the seat. A matching bevel on the clevis forces the blade into the seat on the opposite end of the blade. The bevel on the leading edge of the blade ends before it reaches the blade guide. This forces material forward and back into the convey line.
Spring-Loaded Blade Guides:
The blade is kept in contact with the seat throughout the stroke of the air cylinder with the aid of blade guides. These guides are supported by multiple wave springs on both sides of the blade that apply constant upward pressure helping to seal the valves. This feature extends the service life of the valves and makes it ideal for higher pressure applications.
From the ductile iron housing to the precision metal-to-metal seal, the TPV contains no polymers or elastomers that can become problematic at high temperatures. The combination of a stainless-steel piston rod and the air gap between the body and the air cylinder help reduce the transfer of heat to the air cylinder making it ideal for higher temperature applications.
- The Compact Design makes removal easy if maintenance needs to be performed.
- The Replaceable seat, Blade and Blade Guides significantly increase valves’ life.
- The Packing Gland is removable while in-line for easy packing replacement.