Through presentations, exercises and plenum discussions participants will acquire solid knowledge of downstream processing and the numerous associated unit operations with focus on the design principles, operations and equipment setup. Participants will further be introduced to simple calculations and estimations of benefit in the daily work.
Main subjects taught in the course
- Introduction to unit operations and Downstream processing
- Engineering principles and theories
- Solid/liquid separation—principles and equipment
- Filtration and membrane processes
- Mixing of liquids/Mixing of solids
- Process economy and bottle neck identification
- Drying processes and heat transmission
- Case examples from industry
- Calculation exercises and first-principle models
The course addresses technicians as well as process engineers working in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech and/or food industry.
The course runs for three consecutive days with alternating presentations, exercises and plenum discussions. The course is held in English.
On the afternoon of the first day the participants are invited to course dinner in the colourful 17th century waterfront of Nyhavn in the heart of Copenhagen.
05 Feb 2020 - 07 Feb 2020
Hotel Phoenix Copenhagen