At Jenike & Johanson, we believe that education and sharing of knowledge are important assets to project management and longterm success.
Proper training of personnel involved in solids handling and processing is essential to operating an efficient and reliable bulk solids handling system. Since the theory of bulk solids handling is seldom a part of formal engineering training, many in industry lack an understanding of why solids handling problems occur and what practical steps can be taken to diagnose, alleviate, or prevent them. This full-day seminar will provide solid insights into common flow problems that can arise when powders and bulk solids are put into silos, bins, and hoppers. Ways to characterize a material’s flow properties will also be demonstrated in our laboratory, along with a discussion of proven, practical, and cost effective design solutions.
This course will provide:
- Valuable insights into critical flow problems that can arise when powders and bulk solids are handled in transfer chutes, silos, bins, and hoppers and their effect on reliability
- Hands-on demonstrations of material flow
- Solid understanding of material flow properties
- Engaging discussions of proven, practical, and cost-effective design solutions and safe handling practices
Who should attend:
This course offers valuable benefits to
- Design, project, and research engineers and scientists
- Plant operation personnel responsible for solving and preventing flow problems
- Plant operation personnel in charge of purchasing handling equipment
- Personnel interested in learning more about bulk solids testing
- Introduction to bulk solids handling and material testing
- Material handling
- Silo and feeder design
- Material testing
- Laboratory tour and tester demonstrations
- Open discussion opportunities with Jenike & Johanson engineers
- Social hour and networking with peers and Jenike & Johanson engineers
- Lunch, snacks and refreshments throughout the day
14 Jul 2022
Jenike & Johanson Inc
Jenike & Johanson is the world’s leading company in powder and bulk solids handling, processing, and storage technology. Over the past 55 years, Jenike & Johanson has tested over 11,000 unique powders and bulk solids and worked on more than 7,500 projects, giving their team the broadest real-world and in-depth experience in the industry ...