The company offers a no-drift optical design to ensure the accuracy and repeatability needed without temperature control to keep stable.
Your product should be top quality every time it leaves the facility and measuring the amount of moisture can be a crucial step in the process, too much or too little can be detrimental to the overall product. The technology behind MoistTech’s design is what provides precision results: Near-Infrared spectroscopy and imaging. NIR utilizes a fast and nondestructive analytical technique that provides chemical and physical information of virtually any matrix. Using light absorption, NIR analysis can give accuracy results of +/- 0.01%. Non-contact online sensors with hundreds of measurements per second are -transmitted to a PLC which allows line personnel to make immediate line adjustments if necessary. The no-drift optical design requires no maintenance, is insensitive to material variations such as particle size, material height & color, requires a one-time calibration and provides continuous reliable readings.
Measuring and controlling moisture can reduce transportation costs due to shipping excess water and moisture control stops products from freezing during shipping and transportation. Testing moisture content throughout the process also provides manufacturers cost savings in energy & fuel costs, as well as having less product waste. With continuous NIR online moisture testing, manufacturers can monitor moisture levels which they in-turn, can precisely control their dryers to optimize the production process with minimum energy requirements. Reduce downtime, start-up time, waste and energy costs by monitoring the moisture levels at every stage of the process. When one measurement is out of tolerance, a quick automatic or manual adjustment can be made to keep things moving correctly before costly time is lost, and waste is produced.
- Product Quality Monitoring – Allows immediate production line adjustments to improve product quality and consistency.
- Process Optimization – Allows 100% monitoring of your production process to reduce product that is “out of specification”
- Fuel Consumption Savings – Reduce your energy usage as the drying/cooking process can be controlled resulting in a reduction in energy consumption.
- Water Savings – Reduce your water usage by continuously monitoring moisture content
- Dust / Fire Prevention – Helps reduce the risk of explosions due to dust