A micro-lever system counterbalances the tare weight, resulting in load-cell utilization significantly higher than other options. That higher load-cell utilization provides numerous benefits; higher accuracy, typically 0.25% of feed-rate, fast responsiveness to changes in set point, or material density fluctuations, resulting in higher quality ratio material delivery and the elimination of “dead zones” common in gravimetric feeding applications. It also has longer gravimetric cycles, requiring fewer refills and less time operating in volumetric or “setting” mode and significantly higher turn-down.
The system is designed to operate with the Thayer Scale Differential Screw solution, enabling consistent, pulse-free delivery of materials across a wide operating range. Other key features of the MSV gravimetric feeder include; quick-release, tool-free changeover of augers and tubes, rapid clean out of the V-trough feed section, easy access to all serviceable components, modular, flexible design enabling clustering of up to 6 feeders, and standard feeder guide-rail options available to provide easy access to downstream apparatus.
- Designed in small form-factor providing flexibility and efficient use of floor space
- Micro-lever system delivers higher accuracy, fast responsiveness, longer gravimetric cycles and higher turn-down
- Quick-release, tool-free changeover of screws and tubes
- Rapid clean out of the V-trough feed section
- Easy access to all serviceable components
- Modular, flexible design enabling clustering of up to 6 feeders
- Standard feeder guide-rail options available to provide easy access to downstream apparatus