Thayer Scale’s customers rely on Thayer Scale to design, manufacture, and service long-lasting equipment that can be easily integrated and modified to accommodate existing systems. Thayer Scale’s commitment to innovation and technical advancement leads the company to produce highly-accurate equipment that can be managed and maintained remotely, thereby reducing cost of ownership. Thayer Scale’s significant process knowledge has resulted in highly-engineered designs that ensure long-term accuracy and functionality, and adherence to the industry’s stringent sanitary and safety requirements. Thayer Scale provides safe and innovative material processing and handling solutions for the food industry.
Thayer Scale’s HWF model Hygienic Weigh Feeder is designed to accurately weigh food and dairy products which are subject to stringent sanitation requirements. The feeder provides a flow rate measurement and flow rate control solution for the enhanced food safety processing segment. Thayer Scale developed the HWF model to help the sanitary space meet the challenges of this new era of smarter food safety initiatives imposed by the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). The HWF is designed and built in accordance with the applicable provisions of NAMI (North American Meat Institute), 3-A, NSF and USDA specifications for industry segments that require compliance with food traceability rules and food safety plans.
Benefits of HWF:
- Provides accurate and repeatable in-process bulk material flow rate measurement or flow control for mass balance calculations and process control.
- Hygienic construction provides effective sanitation with less water, less chemical use, less labor, and less process down time.
- Tolerates high pressure, high-temperature sanitation evolutions without calibration drift or compromising measurement accuracy.
- Provides a long-term, low cost of ownership with rugged, “Built-to-Survive” construction.
- Assists with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) and HARPC (Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls) program compliance.
- Hygienic design readily supports microbiological assessment, and pathogen testing requirements.
- Maintains brand protection – prevents loss of reputation against foodborne outbreak notices/recalls.