Optimizing production tools necessarily means reducing operating and maintenance costs. The LIFTUBE® system, developed and patented by STANDARD INDUSTRIE International, responds to this problem by significantly improving the sealing of conveyor belts, improving the productivity and the safety compared to traditional conveyor belts.
The LIFTUBE® is a solution that optimizes the sealing of any conveyor belt (smooth or cleats, rubber or PVC, vulcanized hot or cold) It comes as a replacement to stations equipped with 3 rollers on the conventional conveyors. These are standard 1 meter modules that are scalable and easy to install on all or part of a new or existing conveyor while keeping the belt, chassis and motorization of origin. It is installed between the point of loading and unloading. Available in widths from 500 to 1400mm, in high temperature, explosive, food or self-extinguishing versions, the LIFTUBE® avoids any contamination of the product transported with the outside environment. This seal proof system enables easy tilting of the glide boards and the central roller for easy and minimal maintenance. Thanks its pinch points protections the LIFTUBE® significantly improves the working conditions of the operators.
Reduction of atmospheric emissions, improved visibility, staff safety, reduced maintenance … These are only a few advantages of this solution. Some accessories such as the dust collector have been developed to increase the containment effect of the material and to minimize dust emissions.
Perfectly adaptable on 2 meters of LIFTUBE®, the dust collector is equipped with a filter of 18 to 45m ², a motor-fan unit of 2.2 to 4kW, and a reverse jet declogging system. Ideal after a chute, it will limit dust emissions to the maximum. It is dustproof (IP55) and can be positioned at any time on the LIFTUBE®. Located in Haute-Savoie, near Geneva, a quarry of Limestone wanted to integrate the LIFTUBE® solution and the dust collector into a new installation project including conveyors, hammer and grinder. The size of the conveyor equipped with LIFTUBE® is 27m at the centre distance for a belt width of 800mm, a hopper hood and a dust collector.
The conveyor is located just under the crusher, which creates a dusty airflow between the feed hopper and the chute. The speed of the belt causes this charged air into the conveyor and can create dust emissions at the outlet. To solve the problem, there are several solutions: installation of decompression chambers, misting system, vacuuming … and dedusting. This last solution chosen by the customer is the most compact and the most economical. Fixed on only 2m of LIFTUBE®, the dust collector is installed after the last chute, capturing thanks to the depression created by the fan, particles in suspension. The multi-pocket filter retains these particles, which fall back on the belt during automatic declogging cycles.
The LIFTUBE® is also suitable for conveying explosive products and meets various European and international standards.
Nonetheless, cleaning time and operations can be reduced by optimizing sealing around conveying belts in the whole Cement process. It is known that spillages and product losses are found along the conveyors and chutes.
Those issues can be easily addressed with the LIFTUBE® solution. Let’s go through these following examples of application to illustrate this patented system:
1. Pre-homogenization: In the mixer and before being sent to the kiln, raw cement is mixed with additives brought from outside through a conveyor belt located 44 yd high. During the transport of this product, some of it does fall and causes emanation at the chute level. Moreover, the fact that the conveyor is outside leads to product flying because of the wind. This significant loss of product (especially ash) causes many belt stoppages linked to rollers getting dirty. The belt would shift and product would accumulate between the belt and the structure.
The customer’s requirements were to:
- Optimize productivity by stopping dust emissions
- Avoid degradation of its equipment due to accumulation of product.
- Eliminate the cleaning cost of the belt (1 to 2 times a month).
- Stop the contamination of the environment due to flying product.
The chosen solution was to install of 27 yd of LIFTUBE® in 30’’ width to fit the existing conveyor. To ensure a complete sealing, lateral curtains and covers were also recommended and installed (95% of emissions are removed; the 5% comes from loading and unloading points).
2. Cement mill: At the mill area where the products are mixed with additives for the manufacture of cement, significant material losses were occurring (more than 110 lb per day) on a conveyor belt. It was causing loss of product as well as significant cleaning costs.
The customer’s requirements were to:
- Decrease waste of product and reduce costs related to cleaning operations
- Guarantee the sealing of the conveyor and improve its environmental footprint.
The answer was to install 14 yd of LIFTUBE® in 30’’ width around the chute and the product drop point, places where a lot of material is usually lost.
The aim of the customer is fully achieved. Indeed, from this time, customer has a contained installation and the costs linked to cleaning operations around this area have been reduced by half. The customer has also planned to assign a second LIFTUBE® project in another area.Click here for more information about STANDARD INDUSTRIE International
Sign up for Storage & Transportation E-Updates
Standard Industrie International designs and manufactures equipment that facilitates the storage, the free flowing, conveying and cleaning of powdery and bulk products. Constant innovation is the motto of the company offering equipment to the latest technology and ever more efficient.Founded in 1978, the company is now present around the world with ...