Well designed pneumatic conveying systems designed are practical and cost-efficient methods of transporting materials. In these systems, materials do not pass through fast-moving parts unlike some other mechanical systems (belt conveyors, screw conveyors, vibrating conveyors, drag conveyors, bucket elevators, etc.).
By this way, any damage to transported products is prevented. That is the reason it is preferred by many industries to ensure the safe transfer of their resources and products. Simple installation, low maintenance need, long years of problem-free service, endurance for harsh environments are key features of these systems. Polimak provides pneumatic conveying solutions to a variety of industries including steel, chemicals, food, plastics and cement with his 40 years experience. Wide range of systems and accessories are available depending on process parameters and site conditions.
Advantages of Polimak Pneumatic Conveying Systems:
- The aim of these systems is to ensure the transfer of materials with less harm and long distances.
- Materials are conveyed in a closed pipeline. In this way, conveyed materials stay clean and dust leakage to the atmosphere is prevented.
- A pneumatic conveying system can convey a product at any place a pipeline can run.
- These systems do not occupy a lot of space.
- Pneumatic conveying systems have only a few number of components (pump, feeding device, pipes, etc.) and these components can be repaired or replaced independently which makes the system easy to maintain.
The two common types of pneumatic conveying systems are the dilute phase and dense phase conveying.
Dilute Phase Conveying
Dilute phase pneumatic conveying is described as the process of pushing (pressure) or pulling (vacuum) particles in the air from one location to another. The particles are transferred continuously at low pressure and high velocity. Products commonly conveyed in dilute phase systems are flours, resins and compounds, special chemicals, ground feeds, and granular and pelletized products.
Dense Phase Conveying
Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying is a method for moving difficult, abrasive or fragile materials, at low speeds. It pushes material along an enclosed pipe, using small amounts of air, at low velocity but high pressure. The low velocity of dense phase conveying allows less abrasion on the material to be conveyed and the system. The efficient use of gas also ensures low power consumption and operating costs. Products commonly conveyed in dilute phase systems are cement, chemicals, coal, food, agriculture, lime and limestone, minerals, pet food, metals, etc.