Forecasts indicate that we will use 50% more energy in 2050 than we do today. This requires a technological leap forward in battery production.
MIX tackles this technological evolution with a specialised technical team which has developed a range of Li-ion MIX mixers specifically designed for the production of battery masses.
The Li-ion Mix range is based on a solid know-how in the world of powder mixing, developed over more than 30 years of experience.
Mandatory assignment of the mixers
- Perfect homogenization of the different materials
- Avoid contamination of raw materials, to achieve superior battery quality
- Avoid dust leakage to protect operators and environment from possible
toxicity and hazardousness of raw materials
- The mixing chamber of the Li-ion Mix is normally lined with a ceramic coating
with alumina-based tiles, fixed by the use of a two-component epoxy resin.
Due to the complex geometry, the rotor shaft and mixing ploughshares can be coated with:
- two-component epoxy resin filled with ceramic powder
- thermal spray with alumina oxide (plasma spray)
- thermal spray with tungsten carbide HVOF
To meet specific requirements, alternative coatings such as ETFE / ECTFC are available
- Rotor shaft seals of the Li-ion Mix series are designed to guarantee a perfect
seal and to minimise the wear caused by dust.
They are radial seals without packing and sealing is ensured by a pressurised
- The presence of side choppers ensures proper dispersion of the
micro-additives in the shortest possible time.
Li-ion Mix – constant evolution to meet today’s challenges.