The Mag-Ram™ has developed over the years to become an essential safeguard against metal contamination.
Foreign metal fragments such as tramp metal, work-hardened stainless steel and stone, and fine dust-like metal shavings can have devastating consequences if they contaminate final product. The powerful foreign metal fragment control provided by the Mag-Ram™ is essential to reducing the risk of food recall, brand name damage, consumer injury, customer complaint, equipment damage, and financial loss.
Key advantages of the Mag-Ram™ include:
- Eliminate risks of injury involved in handling or lifting grate magnets
- Reduce risk of potential human ingress and bacterial contamination during manual cleaning
- Can be cleaned before, during or after production runs. This means no production downtime and no operator cleaning schedules
- Continuous extraction means that dangerous metal contaminants are safely removed from the product flow and easily collected for analysis
- Maximum product stream coverage and optimum separation efficiency
The magnet is commonly installed in bulk intake areas, prior to metal detectors, prior to critical equipment, during the mid-process and at bulk out-loading locations.