Metformin is inexpensive to produce and is needed in large quantities. It has long been recognized as a standard drug for type 2 diabetes, and the demand is high worldwide. In Germany, for example, there are seven million people suffering from diabetes, 90% of whom have type 2 diabetes.
Metformin preparation station for efficient production
With the new metformin processing station, L.B. Bohle enables efficient and large-volume processing of metformin. The mobile station crushes, de-clusters, and screens the metformin, which is then transferred by vacuum to the fluid bed system BFS positioned next to it.
The raw material in form of solid blocks is manually unpacked by the operator and placed on a lifting device at an ergonomic height. By means of convenient control on the HMI, the platform with the product is lifted and the metformin block is fed to the chopper unit. Complete dust extraction is always ensured via an extraction system.
Flexible use thanks to various screen inserts
A BTS Turbo Sieve is connected directly below the chopper unit to sieve the chopped metformin blocks. Various screen inserts with different diameters can be used. A suction shoe is connected to the outlet of the BTS, which provides a connection to the vacuum transfer system of the Bohle fluid bed system.
Advantages at a glance:
- Compact design – mobile and flexible integration in the production setup
- Comfortable operation via HMI. Only one operator is needed for loading.
- Fast unpacking of metformin blocks at an ergonomic height
- Short production cycle – approx. 40 seconds.
- Fast disassembly for cleaning. A lifting column is required for complete dismantling of the feeding hopper and chopper
- Highest flexibility due to the use of different screen inserts
- Integrated vibrator
- Inspection of the process – unobstructed view into the feed hopper and chopper
- Direct suction at the feed hopper possible
L.B. Bohle is the leading supplier of special process machines for the pharmaceutical industry and always focuses on finding the optimum solution for its customers. Our thirty years of partnership have been based on high quality, safe and environmentally-friendly machines and methods. We not only aim to satisfy our customers, we want to inspire them! Recognizing ...