Although many pneumatic conveying equipment advances have been made, costly problems – including wear, attrition, rate limitation and line plugging – continue to occur.
Learn how to apply practical design and troubleshooting principles to improve the efficiency, safety and reliability of pneumatic conveying systems transporting powders and bulk solids.
Ensure trouble-free flow
In one day, you’ll review the fundamentals of gas/solids flow and address common pneumatic conveying problems, modes of transport in a pipeline and scale-model tests and their use in designing and evaluating poorly operating systems. You’ll discuss line chargers (feeders), proven pipeline layout rules and criteria for elbow/bend selection. The instructor also will cover more specialized topics including dense phase conveying systems and gas/solids separators such as cyclones, filters and bag houses.
Real-life industrial case histories will help increase your understanding of the theory and application taught.
What you will learn
- Define the types of systems and the four primary system components.
- Explain key terms like saltation and pickup velocity.
- Apply safe handling practices for the pneumatic conveying of combustible solids.
- Inspect common conveying problems like wear, attrition, rate limitation, and line plugging.
- Contrast implementation vs. construction.
Engineers involved in designing, selecting, troubleshooting, maintaining or purchasing pneumatic conveying equipment – including:
- Plant and project managers
- Operation and process managers
- Project, process and maintenance engineers
- Unit operators and superintendents
- Professionals new to the field of pneumatic conveying
Save $595 or more when you take both this course and CH032: Flow of Solids in Bins, Hoppers, Chutes and Feeders by registering for CH757: Flow of Solids/Pneumatic Conveying Combo Course.
06 Dec 2018
AIChE is the world's leading organization for chemical engineering professionals, with more than 50,000 members from over 100 countries. AIChE has the breadth of resources and expertise you need whether you are in core process industries or emerging areas, such as translational medicine.As a member, you can access information on recognized and promising ...