A three-day course in Powder Formulation: Design Principles, Characterisation and Processes held in English.
Through presentations, exercises and plenum discussions participants will acquire solid knowledge of powder formulation – i.e. what are the challenges and possibilities and what you as formulator should be aware of regarding powder characterisation and process decisions.
Main subjects taught in the course
- Particle technology basics relevant for powder properties
- Powder characterisation & powder sampling
- Design principles for powder handling
- Powder product formulation guidance and case stories
- Powder product stability and shelf life evaluation
- Powder processes and the influence of formulation:
- Spray and freeze drying
- Fluid bed drying, coating and agglomeration
- Powder blending and segregation issues
The course addresses technicians as well as formulators and process engineers working in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech and/or food industry with manufacture or development of powder products.
The course runs for three consecutive days with alternating presentations, exercises and plenum discussions. The course is held in English.
On the afternoon of the first day the participants are invited to dinner at a nearby restaurant in the heart of Copenhagen.
21 Oct 2020 - 23 Oct 2020
Hotel Phoenix Copenhagen
Formulation and granulation specialists. Expertise in Fluid bed granulation/coating/drying, high shear mixing and powder product formulation in the food, feed, detergent and bulk industries.